Sunday, December 2, 2007

First, Apologies

My thanks and gratitude to Velvet, Dan, and the other members of the Gainesville Cycling Club who made the trek out to High Springs, and my never-ending apologies for missing them while I hunted the grounds for the cyclists participating in the parade. I should have:

a. Given Velvet and Dan my cell phone number, and
b. Had a sign reading "Alachua County In Motion" to parade around with, no pun intended

Also, as Queen Bicycle pointed out at the termination of the parade, I should have come to High Springs a day or two before the event and scouted out the territory. I am not as familiar with High Springs as I once thought.

I take full responsibility for this neglect and deficit in planning and organization, and I do truly, deeply apologize. If they can see their way to giving me another chance, I promise to make Alachua County In Motion's participation in next year's Christmas parade a smashing (and better organized) success!

No comments: