Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Very Understanding Person Responds

This is part of an email correspondence I had with Velvet from the Gainesville Cycling Club today. I'm so relieved they were able to participate in the parade but still feel awful about how it went down. Here's the email:
Hi Michele,
sorry we missed you at the parade - Rob and I
misunderstood your directions, and thought that we
were supposed to meet at the field behind St.
Bartholomew's. After I phoned you, we rode our bikes
towards city hall, where the parade was already
starting; after riding around trying to find your
group, we finally settled for riding with the High
Springs BMX contingent. So 4 of us were riding with
all the little BMX'ers! Dan, who arrived too late to
participate in the parade but watched it, told us that
your group was actually some distance behind us. The
parade was much bigger than I expected.

It was still fun, and I'm sure you have a better idea
now of what to expect next year. Our only thought was
that the pace was really too slow for bike riding -
participants should be prepared to walk their bikes
(as we ended up doing).
Thanks, Velvet

No comments: